Massage and Acupressure sessions are offered in the North Oregon Coastal area.
Sessions are usually held in the comfort of your home, where your pet is most relaxed. Upon request, and approval, I can also visit your pet at other locations like your workplace (lucky pooch!), the Doggy Spa, or your regular Veterinarian. A special visit to the location other than your home prior to a session is strongly recommended so we can make sure your pet can relax here and take in the full benefits of her Massage/ Acupressure session.
Really, a Massage for my pet? - Absolutely!!!
Here are some of the benefits:
- Shortens healing time of strained muscles, sprained ligaments, and pre- and post surgical events
- Reduces pain and swelling (including intervertabral, joint and muscle) and the formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces anxiety
- Fosters a feeling of well-being, calm, and the human-animal bond
- Decreases blood pressure, and promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps relieve muscle tension, spasms, and stiffness
- Provides greater joint flexibility and increases range of motion
- Stimulates liver and kidney functions, and aids in digestion
- Improves overall movement and balance, circulation of blood, movement of lymphatic fluids
- Enhances the health and nourishment of the skin and coat
Every animal responds differently to a session, they may even react quite different from one session to the next. Just like us, some days they are stressed and achy, the next they may be tired or relaxed. I never force an animal to "enjoy" their session. If they are not in "the mood" we can wait a few minutes, find a different location, or re-schedule for a later date.
Sessions are generally:
Dog avg. 45 minutes $50
Cat avg. 30 minutes $35
Horse avg. 60 minutes $75